Wednesday 18th March
Like all of you, Flipside is working to respond to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation.
We recognise this affects the entire community and we will continue to keep our families informed, and follow all health advice from the Queensland and Australian governments.
For the safety of our community:
- Flipside remains open for classes and open training during its normal hours until Saturday 21 March. We have an increased cleaning and sanitation schedule in the training space;
- We are cancelling week 9 and week 10 of Term 1;
- We are cancelling our Easter holiday workshops;
- Term 2 classes will start one week later than usual on Monday 27 April;
- Flipside’s core staff will keep working at the office and remotely.
Classes make ups and refunds:
- Term 1 enrolled classes participants will be offered special makeup workshops to be organised in Term 2
- For those who have booked into our Easter school holiday program, we will be issuing refunds in the coming weeks.
- For urgent queries regarding classes, contact Rebecca on email@example.com
We are reviewing these arrangements daily based on the latest advice, and will update our website and social media.
To our wonderful families, thank you for your patience and compassion.
Thanks to our amazing trainers and artists. Thank you also to our donors for backing us up to keep empowering communities through circus; and to our staff, thank you for your tireless efforts.
It’s in our Flipside DNA to stay creative and keep unthinking the impossible. We encourage our community to balance this peculiar situation with creativity and transfer your circus skills in life skills with resilience, teamwork, hard work, trust, laughter and fun!
Monday 16th March
Regarding COVID-19 we are working hard to ensure the safety of our community and we need your help.
Following are some of our requests for all people entering Flipside including our open training friends.
- Do not come to Flipside if you have been instructed to self-isolate, have returned from overseas in the last 14 days, or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive or is awaiting test results for COVID-19
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell – undertake distancing measures for any cold or flu symptoms
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or with the crook of your elbow and dispose tissues in the bin immediately
- Wash your hands before coming into the floor
The health and wellbeing of you, our students, and our staff, remains our number one priority and we appreciate your continued support.