Saturday 22 August
This morning additional COVID-19 restrictions were imposed in Queensland.
Gatherings at homes and outdoors have been restricted to 10 people in the Greater Brisbane area and to 30 in regional Queensland. Facilities with COVID-safe plans, which includes Flipside, can continue to operate with COVID plans and protocols in place. (please see below Flipside’s COVID Safe procedures)
We will continue operating for as long as it is safe to do so. The safety and health of our community are paramount, so please be especially vigilant about maintaining social distance and hygiene.
We also ask Flipside’s families and attendees:
- To drop off and pick up participants rather than waiting in the outdoor area at Flipside (excepting parents/carers of our younger participants).
- To not attend if you present any of these symptoms: fever, a cough, sore throat, fatigue, shortness of breath, runny nose, loss of smell and/or taste.
- To not attend if you have asked to isolate due to contact with other new cases.
We will continue to monitor the situation daily and let you know if there are any changes or updates. Please do get in touch if you have any questions or concerns.
Tuesday 21 July
We are so excited to welcome our students back for face-to-face classes at our pop-up circus training space. For the safety of our community and following all health advice from the Queensland and Australian governments, Flipside’ students, families and staff need to follow our COVID Safe procedures.
COVID SAFE PROCEDURES
- If you are unwell please do not come to class and inform us so we can allocate trainers accordingly.
- Leave jewellery and all non-essential items at home, we are striving to minimise items in the space.
- Please bring your own water bottle, filled. We will not have water refill facilities available, however, bottled water can be purchased from the front desk.
- Please arrive dressed and ready to train (COVID-19 restrictions mean we have to limit changing facilities at the pop-up circus training space). This will also minimise the use of toilets and communal areas.
- Be aware that under phase three of restrictions there is minimal physical contact/spotting in general, on aerial equipment and shared equipment.
When you arrive
- Look for the entrance signage to find your way to the front desk for check-in.
- Anyone presenting with a temperature, cold or flu symptoms or who is feeling unwell will be required to leave and not return until either cleared by testing or having the symptoms clear for 72 hours.
- We sure have missed each other but we must ask for no physical greetings such as hugging, kissing, handshaking etc. Air high fives all around.
- To minimise numbers in our space we ask that all students are to wait in the designated area (near the admin desk), before being guided inside by our trainers.
- For the moment we have to adopt a ‘drop and go’ policy for all classes (except our Giggles and Circus Play classes – where one parent/carer can remain on site for the class).
- No non-participants are allowed onto the training floor. There is a playground a few metres away from our space, lots of local cafes, and Hercules Street Park has a great playground and is only a 4 min walk away.
- Once you have checked in at the admin desk you will be directed to sanitise your hands and shown where to place your belongings. If your hands need further cleaning there is a handwashing station nearby.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or bent elbow when coughing or sneezing, dispose of tissues immediately after use and wash your hands or apply hand sanitiser.
- Avoid touching equipment or surfaces where practical.
- Maintain social distancing of 1.5m from others.
- Avoid contact with others.
Using shared equipment
- Wait until trainer has cleaned equipment.
- Wait to use equipment until the trainer has notified the student it is safe to touch.
- Sanitise hands after use of shared equipment.
- Do not share or swap equipment with other students.
- After use, place equipment back in the equipment box or at designated sanitation stations.
- On your way out of the studio please sanitise your hands
- Do not leave personal items in the space, everything must be taken with you at the end of your class.
- Lost property to be discarded at the end of the day.
- At the first class, students will receive their manipulation packs on arrival, if this is required for their class.
- Students to provide a bag for equipment so that they can bring this to class each week.
- Please ensure that you wash the bag and clean equipment when you arrive home from class.
Wednesday 1st April
While our public programs are closed, the Flipside team is busy working on some novel solutions to stay connected to our community and to make sure Flipside’s ready to bounce back into operation in the best way possible.
If anything COVID-19 has highlighted the importance of what we do. Our mission is to empower communities through circus. We are all about making connections, looking out for each other, teamwork, resilience, agility, and celebrating achievements. We’re also committed to supporting the circus sector, our artists, and our staff.
Our resilience and agility is being tested at the moment. We are disappointed that performances, our huge Queensland tour, and our regular programs have been cancelled or postponed, and the road ahead of us is hard. But, we are very fortunate. We are still here, we’re well, we’re supported by our community, and we are working to make the most of this disruption. We’re also a bit excited about some of the changes we will be announcing over the coming weeks.
Unfortunately, it has become clear that we will not be able to restart our regular programs in late April as we’d hoped – but we will be ready to restart our programs as soon as it’s safe to do so and now expect to restart classes in Term 3.
Over the next week or so we will be transitioning to more work from home and irregular hours on site. If you need to get in touch we will be diverting the phone lines as necessary and you can also reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Look after yourselves, stay safe.
Wednesday 18th March
Like all of you, Flipside is working to respond to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation.
We recognise this affects the entire community and we will continue to keep our families informed, and follow all health advice from the Queensland and Australian governments.
For the safety of our community:
- Flipside remains open for classes and open training during its normal hours until Saturday 21 March. We have an increased cleaning and sanitation schedule in the training space;
- We are cancelling week 9 and week 10 of Term 1;
- We are cancelling our Easter holiday workshops;
- Term 2 classes will start one week later than usual on Monday 27 April;
- Flipside’s core staff will keep working at the office and remotely.
Classes make ups and refunds:
- Term 1 enrolled classes participants will be offered special makeup workshops to be organised in Term 2
- For those who have booked into our Easter school holiday program, we will be issuing refunds in the coming weeks.
- For urgent queries regarding classes, contact Rebecca on email@example.com
We are reviewing these arrangements daily based on the latest advice, and will update our website and social media.
To our wonderful families, thank you for your patience and compassion.
Thanks to our amazing trainers and artists. Thank you also to our donors for backing us up to keep empowering communities through circus; and to our staff, thank you for your tireless efforts.
It’s in our Flipside DNA to stay creative and keep unthinking the impossible. We encourage our community to balance this peculiar situation with creativity and transfer your circus skills in life skills with resilience, teamwork, hard work, trust, laughter and fun!
Monday 16th March
Regarding COVID-19 we are working hard to ensure the safety of our community and we need your help.
Following are some of our requests for all people entering Flipside including our open training friends.
- Do not come to Flipside if you have been instructed to self-isolate, have returned from overseas in the last 14 days, or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive or is awaiting test results for COVID-19
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell – undertake distancing measures for any cold or flu symptoms
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or with the crook of your elbow and dispose tissues in the bin immediately
- Wash your hands before coming into the floor
The health and wellbeing of you, our students, and our staff, remains our number one priority and we appreciate your continued support.