BRISBANE, QUEENSLAND – On 4 April, Trevor Evans MP, Member for Brisbane visited Flipside Circus, to get a behind-the-scenes look at the creative development of Flipside’s newest production, Buddy System.
Buddy System will be the first performance to be built and premiere at Flipside’s brand-new home – the Brisbane Circus Centre. It is part of a program of new productions, public programs, and professional development outcomes supported by Restart Investment to Sustain and Expand (RISE) Fund – an Australian Government initiative
Flipside Circus CEO and Creative Director, Robert Kronk said “RISE Fund support is a game changer for Flipside. It will help us fill the Brisbane Circus Centre with artists and audiences over its first two years of operation. We can’t wait to welcome audiences into our new space and to scale up our services to support the community and Queensland’s amazing circus artists.”
Buddy System is one of three large scale works that will be developed over the next two years. It is a collaboration between Flipside Circus and Casus Circus, and explores inter-generational themes and the way knowledge and skills are passed between circus artists and across generations.
“Buddy System is an exciting project. We have three generations of circus artists working together to develop this show. Learning from each other and making some spectacular circus.”
Flipside works with around 45,000 people each year through its circus school, training, and artistic programs as well as over 70 regional and remote Queensland communities. Over 1-million people have seen a Flipside performance.
The Brisbane Circus Centre is a unique purpose-built circus training and performance space that will support Queensland’s current and emerging circus artists. The Centre will also be home to a number of small and resident circus companies.
The Brisbane Circus Centre is supported by:
- The Australian Government, through the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development’s Community Development Grants Program
- The Queensland Government through Arts Queensland’s Strategic Infrastructure Fund Economic Development Queensland and Northshore
- Creative Partnerships Australia through Plus 1
- As well as our donors, community, and supporters
About Flipside Circus
Flipside Circus is Queensland’s largest youth arts organisation. An award-winning company with a reputation for excellence in training and performance as well as for supporting Queensland’s world leading circus sector.
- Regular classes at training at our Circus Centre and right across Queensland
- An artistic program of performances by, for, and with young people
- Community and social circus programs
- Support for Queensland’s world-leading circus artists and independent companies
Please send all marketing enquiries to email@example.com / +61 420518466