Performance Troupe and Step Ups Skills auditions
Auditions for the Flipside Circus performance program will be held on Tuesday 10 August. If you’ve got a background in performance, circus, gymnastics, dance, martial arts, or even football and are looking for the next big challenge – this is for you! Please read the requisites and fill out the form to book your place.
- Performance troupe are looking for 1-2 performers aged 8-14 years with tumbling and performance skills.
- Step Up Skills is looking for new members 8+ with good general circus skills who are keen to advance their skills and or interested in performing.
STEP UPS SKILLS
Step Ups Skills is an advanced class aimed at participants who want to train at a high level focusing on skill progression while advancing in your specialist skill, without the pressure of several performances.
Performance Troupe artists train at an advanced to professional level, acquiring and honing performance and circus skills. They work with a range of professional artists and have the opportunity to perform in professional environments. Previous years have included seasons at the Brisbane Festival, Woodford Folk Festival, Wonderland Festival, Sydney’s Hoopla Festival, Adelaide Fringe Festival and more.
AUDITIONS CALL OUT
Date: Tuesday 10th August 2021
Time: 4:00-5:15 pm
At: Flipside Circus pop-up training space, 33 MacArthur Av., Hamilton 4007.
What to expect:
- A group workshop audition that assesses your general circus skills and a short performance audition.
What to bring/prepare:
- Prepare a strictly 1-minute ground-based performance (no aerials). It can be anything from manipulation, tumble to sing a song, dance, play a musical instrument, etc. Please note that Step Ups Performance are not required to prepare an audition piece; but can if they wish.
- Bring music on an iPod or similar or source Spotify/youtube link.
Schedule for the day TBC
3:45 – 4:00 Arrival and check-in
4:00 – 4:15 Greet (warm-up and stretch)
4:15 – 4:35 Conditioning assessment (10min) and flexibility assessment (10min)
4:35 – 4:40 Juggle assessment
4:40 – 4:50 Tumble passes (basics, favourite, combo, anything you haven’t shown off yet)
4:50 – 4:55 Performance game
4:55 – 5:15 Show piece