Flipside extends an invitation nationally to hear from independent circus companies, emerging and established companies and individual circus artists as well as other art forms to participate in an artist in residency program.
• Casus – Knee Deep, DNA
• Company 2 shows including, She Would Walk the Sky, Scotch & Soda, and Le Coupe.
• Candy Bowers – Black Honey Company
• Strong Woman
• Alex Mizzen – Invisible Things
• 50-100 hours of non-exclusive training/rehearsal time;
• 20 hours access to the Plant Room;
• A public/semi-public showing or dress rehearsal;
• Opportunities for members of Flipside Circus’ performance troupe to sit in on rehearsals/access mentoring from the visiting artists/engage in skills exchanges;
• A Letter of support
• Community engagement – This can be in the form of a showing, a workshop, a one on one lesson for a student which suits your skill set, a chat with parent and students about your career and travels.
• Acknowledgement of Flipside Circus as a supporter in any future presentation of the work.
We are open to anything which fits into your project time lines.
• Independent companies
• Individual artists (over the age of 18 years)
• A completed application form
• A one page A4 outline of the project and your space requirements
• A current Public Liability Certificate
• A copy of an advanced riggers tickets for any companies that wish to rig
Company2 is a creative arts company driven by the desire to push creative boundaries to access, connect and engage audiences in art experiences. Under the leadership of Artistic Director Chelsea McGuffin, working with dancers, musicians, circus artists, thinkers, dreamers and makers experimenting with mixed platforms.
Flipside Circus Reg Bolton Artist in Residency program will enable Company 2 to conduct future creative developments and ongoing training with the security of knowing they have the support from Flipside Circus and its facilities.