Our artistic programs are all about empowering children and young people to tell their own stories and shape their vision for the future.
We do this by creating critically acclaimed performances by, for, and with children and young people as well as residency and engagement programs.
“A little slice of home-grown circus magic,” – Australian Stage.
Flipside Performance Troupe
A key part of our artistic program is our performance troupe. A group of extraordinary young artists who train and collaborate with a range of regular and guest artists.
Our 2019 season of works is all about taking collaborating, taking risks and finding new ways to tell stories.
- We Live Here – our Matilda Award winning collaboration with Hummingbird House and Metro Arts will be back on stage this year.
- Based on the stories of parents, siblings, and guests of Hummingbird House, (Queensland’s only hospice for children and young people). We Live Here is an inspiring circus show that brings to life memories and moments that make a life.
- Revolve – originally commissioned by Commonwealth Games’ Festival 2018 Revolve is back touring in 2019
- Revolve brings together 12 of Queensland’s youngest circus stars with experienced artists and a live DJ to create a show that is bursting at the seams with energy and fun.
- Statum – commissioned by the Brisbane Powerhouse Statum is a new collaboration with award winning Brisbane transmedia collective Counterpilot.
- A series of techno-circus experiments bringing audiences inside the action of circus. Commissioned by Brisbane Powerhouse, a collaboration with Counterpilot (winners Lord Mayor’s Award for Best New Australian and Best Film/Digital work at the Adelaide Fringe).
- Dog in the Schoolyard – a new show in development. Dogs in the Schoolyard is in creative development this year supported by Arts Queensland and QPAC’s Out of the Box Festival.
- Explores themes of inclusion and exclusion, power, authority, friendship and play. Experimenting with language and proto-language in these complex negotiations.