The Reg Bolton Artist in Residency program offers development, rehearsal and performance space at Flipside’s training centre. This provides artists from all artform areas with creative development time and the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other art forms.
Flipside extends an invitation nationally and internationally to hear from independent circus companies, emerging and established companies and individual circus artists as well as other art forms to participate in our artist in residency program.
Past Artists in Residence include:
- Company Cantina
- Casus – Knee Deep, Finding the Silence
- Company 2 – She Would Walk the Sky, Scotch & Soda
- Candy Bowers – Black Honey Company
- Strong Woman
- Claire Ogden
In return for your residency we ask that you supply the following in exchange:
- A letter of support for Flipside Circus
- Community engagement with our community in the form of a showing, workshop, one on one lesson, forum presentation, whatever works for you.
- Acknowledgement of Flipside Circus via social media, publicity materials, including logo representation on any related marketing collateral.
Please apply online: http://www.flipsidecircus.org.au/artist-in-residence-application/
Or get in contact with firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
ARTIST IN RESIDENCE 2016
Company 2 is a contemporary circus company that is full of heart, driven by David Carberry and Chelsea McGuffin. With their backgrounds as dancers and musicians as well as circus artists, Company 2 language is circus but draw heavily from movement and have a strong sense of musicality in all their work. See their recent work here
Flipside Circus Reg Bolton Artist in Residency program will enable Company 2 to conduct future creative developments and ongoing training with the security of knowing they have the support from Flipside Circus and its facilities.